Questions? Fill out the form below to get answers.
About this course:
Patient Care Technician
Training in the Patient Care Technician program includes:
- Learning Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology with the highly effective DEAN-VAUGHN audio/visual system
- Clinical training takes place in Dorsey’s own medical labs
- Taking and recording patient vital signs and health histories; studying concepts of infection control, pharmacology, and procedures for administering medications
- Specimen collection procedures related to urinalysis, hematology, and chemistry in the physician’s office
- Anatomy and Physiology includes structures of the body, common diseases, treatment, and laboratory testing
- Externship with a local hospital, physician’s office, or clinic enabling you to gain real work experience and develop confidence in your skills and abilities
- Graduates of this program are eligible to challenge the Patient Care Technician Certification exam offered by the National Center for Competency Certification.
More Dorsey Schools Programs
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here.