Questions? Fill out the form below to get answers.
About this course:
Learn the art of professional cooking!
Training in the Professional Cooking program includes:
- Gain a strong culinary arts foundation in all areas needed to succeed in today’s professional kitchens.
- Learn culinary fundamentals and skills at the culinary school at Dorsey – from the basics of knife handling and sanitation to healthy cooking and complex cooking techniques.
- Learn current culinary terminology and work on equipment found in today’s professional kitchens.
- Study catering, regional and international cooking techniques in order to deliver restaurant-quality banquets, buffets and Ã la carte meals in a “live” setting.
- Take advantage of the 12-week externship course to gain practical work experience before you graduate from the culinary school at Dorsey.
Prepare for many entry-level food service roles, including:
- Sous Chef
- Rounds Cook
- Garde Manager/Pantry Supervisor
- Short-Order Cook
- Hot Line Cook
- Food Preparation Cook
Dorsey Schools advantages:
- Accelerated 48-week culinary program
- Preparation for National Restaurant Association ServSafe certification exam
- Students are supplied with 2 chef coats, 2 chef pants, 1 chef hat, and 1 knife/kitchen tools kit and culinary textbooks at no additional cost or fee.
- Externships for valuable on-the-job experience.
More Dorsey Schools Programs
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here.